How many of you become inspired when listening to an awesome TedTalk or conference presentation? When I attended sxsw interactive recently I thought my hand was going to break from writing down all the new ideas I was whipping up! I have created my top lists of people who post quality content for retweeting, repinning, etc as well as provide inspiration for my own content. If you have anyone to add to the list please comment below!
- 1000 Repins- a list of pins w/ 1000+ repins
- Mashable- “Mashable is the largest independent website dedicated to news for the connected generation. We pin the latest technology, social media tips, gadgets and more.”
- Brian Solis- “Brian Solis is principal at Altimeter Group, a research firm focused on disruptive tech. His new book, What’s the Future of Business (WTF), explores the 4 digital moments of truth.”
- Maria Popova- “Interestingness curator & semi-secret geek obsessed with design, storytelling & TED. Editor of Brain Pickings.”
- Joanne Manaster- “University biology faculty lecturer, science outreach enthusiast.”
- Mental Floss- “Things you should know, nerdy products, gift guides, and other antics from the good people at mental_floss.”
- PC Mag- “The Independent Guide to Technology since 1982.”
- Adobe- “At Adobe, we break down barriers to creation. Wherever you are when inspiration strikes… Home? Create. Office? Create. Subway? Create.”
- Tech News Today- “Tech News Today is a technology news website. Follow the Tech News Today (all) board for all pins.”
- NPR Pins- “News. Arts & Life. Music. Everything and more from NPR.”
I love a good Pinterest contest. Here are a few that I really liked:
- Sephora: 40 Days of Wishes
- HTC-Repin and Win
- Show Us Your Favorite Homecooked Meal- Not a Pinterest contest but could be easily adapted.
- Snapshot Jackpot- An instagram contest but could be easily adapted to Pinterest
- I’ve created a list of people I follow if you’d like to subscribe.
- Mashable’s 25 Tiwtter Accounts that Will Make You Smarter is a great resource
- Profhacker- “Tips, tutorials, and commentary on pedagogy, productivity, and technology in higher education.”
- ERandL- “Bringing together information professionals to improve the way we collect, manage, maintain, & make accessible eresources.”
- Vsauce- “Our world is amazing. Follow for mind-blowing facts and the best of the internet.”
- Mashable SocialMedia
- Mashable Tech- “The latest Technology & Gadgets News and Resources from@Mashable.”
- Jstor- “JSTOR is an online research and teaching platform that helps people discover, use, and build upon a wide range of content in a trusted digital archive.”
- TheWebbyAwards- The best of the Internet.
- Squarespace- Everything you need to build an exceptional website.
If you don’t use TweetDeck I highly recommend it. It is an app that allows you to keep track of anything and everything you want to follow.
- The Chronicle of Higher Education
- Boundless Blog
- Pew Social and Demographic Trends
- The Wikiman
- Marketplace Tech
- The Official Google Blog
- All Things D
Bloggers with Exceptional Writing Skills
I used the webby award winners for writing and started following them. It’s very useful to have an archive of great writing for content inspiration.
- Vsauce- Amazing facts about our universe!
- Khan Academy- “Our mission is to provide a world-class education for anyone, anywhere.”
- TedTalks- “TEDTalks shares the best ideas from the TED Conference with the world, for free: trusted voices and convention-breaking mavericks, icons and geniuses, all giving the talk of their lives in 18 minutes. We post a fresh TEDTalk every weekday. TEDTalks are licensed under Creative Commons, so you’re welcome to link to or embed these videos, forward them to others and share these ideas with the people you know.”
- Techno Buffalo- “This channel is a forum for all things electronic. Any cool things I pick up, I will review and unbox for you.”
- Minutephysics- “Simply put: cool physics and other sweet science. “If you can’t explain it simply, you don’t understand it well enough.”‘
- This is a great resource for interesting facts to tweet, pin, etc as well as a wonderful example of how to teach things simply.